Books Read- 203 Books to Read-282 Percent Complete- 41.86%

Just Finished (For the third time) - 'Mirror Dance' by Lois McMaster Bujold

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I just put up two new reviews, one for 'Among Others' and one for 'Steel Beach.'  I won't say too much about these two books as the reviews are right below and I already made a post today talking about them.

I will say that one of the things that got me interested in 'Among Others' is that it was described online as being a 'reverse Harry Potter,' which really is all it takes to get me interested in a book.  Not so much the Harry Potter as the 'reverse.'  If I read a review that says a book is a reverse anything I'm probably going to scramble to read it.  If there were a reverse 'War and Peace' or a reverse 'Moby Dick' I would be the first guy in line to get it. 

I ended up really liking 'Among Others' though it couldn't have possibly lived up to the giant question mark in my head after that description.  I didn't like 'Steel Beach' quite so much but I felt I wrote a review that hits all the high points of the novel.  The review is a little longer than I would have liked and probably a little more scattershot as well but I read it almost a year ago so I'm going off memory here.

Hopefully I'll finish up 'Anansi Boys' soon and can put a review up.  I've got a lot of books on the shelf that need reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment